The INLA Projects
The INLA programme for improving and developing Its services
aimed to elevate Its status from being local to global through
building two national and international networks and by training
Its staff abroad . The library and has also been able to enhance
Its national character by providing library and archives
services , promoting Iraqi cultural production and cultural
cooperation with Iraqi and foreign institution .The library has
also won back Its membership in the International Federation of
Libraries Associations (IFLA) and in the International Council
for Archives . These goals were achieved through Its continuing
projects as shown below :
1. The electronic database with the support of Italy 2004 .
2. Digitalization 2008 which is a continuing project .
3. Joint projects with the British Library to close gaps in
Iraqi's modern historical memory .
4. Laboratory for maintaining and restoring documents with the
support of the Czech republic 2005 .
5. Document imaging laboratory for Microfilms installed with
Czech and American support 2006 .
6. Baghdad Memory project 2007 .
7. Training courses abroad .
8. The National Archives building project - The library and
archives stores 2009
9. Training for the establishment of the digital libraries and
running the electronic sites with European support
10. INLA offices in the governments .
11. Paper and Electronic Publications .
12. Baghdad's Memory Website Project 2012 .
13. Iraqi Digital Library Project 2012 .
14. Iraq's Voice Project The Audio Digital Archive 2012 .
15. The Generation Library Project .
16. Training Minorities Project 2013 .